What is print-scan Doctor?
HP Print & Scan Doctor is the exclusive App for your HP Printer concerned with compatible Windows/ Mac, which helps to deduct & solve device issues quickly. You can use this blog to completely know the HP Print & Scan Doctor application and how to troubleshoot using it.
How do I use HP print and scan Doctor?
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location of your computer.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor and select Start> the desired HP printer.
- If your printer is unavailable on the shown list, turn it on and try to retry. If there is a connection issue, follow the instructions in the tool.
Download and install HP Print & Scan Doctor for windows:
You can directly install it on your computers to run on any windows device like Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. Use the below steps and complete the Download & Install HP Print & Scan Doctor on your device to find the error and rectify it instantly using the given on-screen directives.
- Use the secured browser and open the HP Print and Scan Doctor download page using the Official HP Page.
- Hit the Download now button on the home page’s right side.
- Tap the, Yes, to ensure if prompted. The download process will be started automatically after your confirmation.
- Now, double-tap on the downloaded file, and if prompted- you can hit the Run option on the next screen and give Yes.
- Hit Accept to proceed further on the installation refers to the HP Software support.
- Next, the HP Scan & Print Doctor for windows will start scanning and attempting to fix the errors/issues with reference to the installed printer name.
- You can see your windows will, search for the product and use the list to find the printer linked to the system.
- Pick your desired printer name and give the Next button.
If the printer is not listed, what should I do?
- Restart the printer and choose the Retry tab. If you find any connection issues, use the guidelines per the tools.
- About your occurred issues, select either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Wait until your issues get resolved.
Terms that the screen display after the troubleshooting process:
- A checkmark represents that your printer is passed.
- A wrench symbol shows you have a problem, and it has been detected & resolved.
- Exclamation mark gives a test failed and was either skipped.
- Finally, “X” represents the printer having a problem. Track the given directive to fix it.
How to fix the following issues using the HP Print & Scan Doctor app Offline:
- Download the HP Print & Scan Doctor and find the downloaded file on your computer & Run HPPSdr.exe.
- Open the file and start to choose the desired HP Printer. If your printer is not located, turn it ON and again retry.
- When you find any issues with the connection, try to ensure the connection virtually. If promoted to turn ON printer updates, use the Yes>Continue option.
- Use the screen prompts to make your printer default as per the pop-up message/alert. Click yes and proceed next.
- Now, you can see your HP Printer enabled online from Offline mode.
Print Job Stuck in Queue:
- On the downloaded HP Print & Scan Doctor, open the file and use Start> pick your printer name.
- To fix printing issues, use the Fix printing option.
- You can see the toll automatically begins to rectify the issues that stop the printer from printing access.
- Once identified, this toll will try to remove all the issues with relevant solutions.
- Restart once.
Install the HP Print & Scan Doctor for Mac:
- Bring the computer and printer close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Enable the Wi-Fi on your computer and start the connection using your network; if your computer is already connected to the network via Ethernet- ensure the Wi-Fi connection while the setup.
- Switch ON the Bluetooth on your computer. The HP Smart app can identify the printer while the setup process.
- Finally, download the HP Print & Scan Doctor for Mac using your Mac app store.
- While downloading, you need to disable the VPN to proceed and install using the on-screen.
- Add the printer using the plus sign and continue with the prompts to register the printer to the home page.
- If your Wi-Fi setup cannot recognize your printer, restart the printer, close & open the HP Smart app.
- Finally, attempt to add the printer once.
Run Diagnose & Fix:
- Find Diagnose & Fix in your HP Print & Scan Doctor Mac systems, and try to launch it.
- Open the diagnosis and Fix using the HP Smart app.
- macOS: Pick the printer you need to fix, use the Printers in the top menu bar and confirm with the Diagnose & Fix.
- Initiate by choosing Diagnose & Repair from the Printers menu.
- It would help if you didn’t close the HP Smart while the process of troubleshooting is active.