Getting high-quality prints is easy with the HP Envy 5020 printer. However, sometimes it might show some problems. Keeping this in mind, we are discussing the methods to troubleshoot HP Envy 5020 printer problems easily.
HP Envy 5020 All-in-one Printer Troubleshooting
Methods to Fix HP Envy 5020 Printer ProblemsMethod 1: Check the Status of the HP Envy 5020 Printer
- Access the printer paper tray and ensure it has a suitable set of papers. If they are unsuitable and poorly placed, it might cause printing problems.
- Check the 123.hp.com Envy 5020 printer and ensure it does not have any jammed papers. If the printer has any jammed paper, then remove it carefully from the printer.
- Ensure the ink cartridges installed in the printer are compatible and have an accurate ink level. If there is any problem with the cartridges, replace them with new cartridges.
- Access the Windows device control panel section and choose- Devices and Printers.
- Choose your Envy printer, right-click on it, and select- See what’s printing from the given drop-down menu.
- Select the Printer menu and click- Open as Administrator. Now, access the menu and select- Cancel All Documents.
- Continue and complete the process. Finally, try printing a document with HP Envy 5020 printer.
- Access the Windows device control panel and click- Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer name and click on the shown drop-down menu.
- Choose- Set as the default printer (to make the HP Envy5020 printer as default printer) and continue with the wizard steps.
- You will see a small green checkmark below your HP printer icon.
- Press the keys ( + R ), and the run dialog box will appear.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” and choose the option- OK. Then, choose- Windows device manager and click on the “print queue.”
- Right-click on the option- Printer and choose- Update driver.
- Wait for the HP Envy 5020 printer driver to update and move on with the set of wizard procedures. Finish the process.
HP Envy 5020 Printer Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 10:Follow the methods below to troubleshoot the HP Envy 5020 printer problems: 1. Check the cable connection for the wireless and wired printers:
- If the HP Envy 5020 printer has a wired connection, ensure the USB cables are properly connected to the computer.
- If the HP Envy5020 printer has wireless network setup, ensure that the printer’s wifi option is properly activated.
- Deactivate the HP Envy5020 printer and remove the power cable from it.
- Wait for thirty seconds and plug in the HP printer.
- Finally, activate the HP Envy 5020 printer.
- Download the HP Easy app on the computer from 123.hp.com/setup connected to the printer.
- Open the app setup file and continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Finish the app installation and open it. Then, choose the “scan now” option.
- Once the scanning process is over, choose the update button.
- Check for the latest Envy5020 driver updates and install them.
- Move on to the computer connected to the Envy printer and click- Start.
- Then, choose the control panel section and select- Devices and Printers. Now, access the printer’s section and right-click on your HP Envy 5020 printer.
- Select- See what’s happening and choose the printer menu. Now, click- Select administrator and move on to the printer menu.
- Finally, select the option- to cancel all document links.
Troubleshooting methods for HP Envy 5020 printer on the Mac device1. Check the internet connection
- Make sure the HP Envy 5020 printer has an active Wi-Fi network.
- Then, ensure the USB cord is properly connected to both ends of the Envy printer.
- Activate your HP Envy 5020 printer.
- Check and ensure the printer paper tray has a suitable set of sheets.
- Ensure the ink cartridges in the slots have accurate ink levels.
- Finally, restart the Envy5020 printer and wait for the printer to activate.
- Access the Mac device and choose the mac icon . Then, go to the System Preferences option and click- Printers & Scanners.
- Then, right-click on the printer’s windows and choose- reset the printing system.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions and finish the setup process.
- Switch off the HP Envy 5020 printer and wait for a few seconds.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer and deactivate the computer.
- Now, Plugin the power cord into the HP Envy 5020 printer and switch ON the printer.
- Unplug the power cords from the router and wait for some time.
- Reconnect the power cables to all the devices and power up the computer.
- Then, power up the wireless router and try printing a file.
HP Envy 5020 Printer Driver is Unavailable on Windows 10The HP Envy 5020 printer driver unavailable issue on the Windows 10 device is one of the common problems that many users face. It usually occurs when the installed printer driver is incompatible, outdated, or missing. To resolve this problem, follow the method explained on this page.
How to Solve HP Envy 5020 Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error?1. Check for corrupted system files 2. Install Windows updates 3. Reinstall the HP Envy 5020 printer driver Method 1: Check for corrupted system files
- To begin with, access the Windows device connected to the HP 5020 printer.
- Download the software- Reimage on the desired computer.
- Double-click on the Reimage software and use the wizard steps.
- Finish the Reimage software installation and run it on the computer.
- Choose “Yes” to scan the computer for free and wait for the scanning process to be over.
- Now, you will see a report of all the system problems.
- Click- Start Repair to solve the problem automatically.
- Finally, check whether the issue is resolved.
- If the problem is not resolved, then try another method.
- Access the Windows device and go to the section- control panel.
- Choose the “Devices and Printers” button and click on your desired HP 5020 printer name.
- Select the option- Remove Device and press the keys ( + R).
- Enter the term- devmgmt.msc on the search bar and right-click on your printer’s name. Then, click on the option- Uninstall Device and choose “Uninstall.”
- Wait for a few minutes and install the HP Envy 5020 printer driver.
- Finally, try printing a color or B/W document with the Envy printer.
- Press the keys ( + R), type- devmgmt.msc, and choose – Print queues.
- Right-click on your HP printer name and click- Update driver. Then, choose- Browse my computer for driver software and proceed with the wizard steps.
- After that, choose- Next and select- Hide Updates. Then, choose the printer update and proceed, if any.
- Move on to the Windows device and choose the Start menu. Then, access the option- Check for update.
- Proceed with the wizard steps and wait until the Windows device finishes the updates.
Procedure to Install Updates on Windows 7If you are Windows 7 user, then use the procedure shown below:
- Click on the Start option and enter the term- “update” on the search bar.
- Then, click- Check for updates and choose- Check for updates.
- Select the given option- Install Updates and wait until the Device finishes the updates.
- After installing the updates, restart the computer and print a document as a sample.