How to Fix HP Printer Light Blinking Problem?
HP printers are a good choice for getting high-quality prints quickly. Not only printing, but also good for scanning, faxing, and copying. Though the HP printer offers a good experience and has several advanced features, it might show certain problems sometimes. When it comes to printer problems, light blinking is one of the most common issues.
The HP printer light blinking problem occurs might be due to software or hardware problems.
Why HP Printer Light Blinking Problem Occurs?
Finding out the reason behind the printer light flashing problem is a good thing as it helps in resolving the problem from scratch to the end.
Here are some reasons behind the HP printer light flashing problem:
- The ink cartridge door of the printer is not properly closed
- The HP printer has some internal or external problem
- Broken parts of the printer
- Empty paper feeder tray or paper jam in the printer
- Improper connection
Methods to Fix the HP Printer Light Blinking Problem
Fixing the light blinking problem of the printer is not a difficult task. So, if you come across this problem, do not worry. Now, to fix this problem, we are explaining some standard methods below. Have a look.
Method 1: HP Printer Reset
The simple instructions for resetting the printer properly are:
- Move on to the printer and unplug the USB cords from it.
- Then, unplug the USB cord from the wall port.
- Now, wait for some time.
- Reconnect the USB cord to the printer and wall port.
- Activate the wall port and HP printer.
- Now, check whether the light is still blinking.
If still, the light blinking problem exists, then move on to the next method.
Method 2: Make Use of HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
Here are some of the simple tips for troubleshooting HP printers:
- Check the power cord connected to the wall port and printer.
- Make sure that the cord does not have any problem.
- Then, check the USB cable connected between the printer and computer.
- Ensure that the cable is faultless.
- After that, check and ensure that the USB cable is properly inserted into the printer, wall port, and computer.
- Activate the printer. If the printer is not getting ON, then disconnect and reconnect the power cord to the wall port and printer.
- Finally, activate the wall port and press the printer power button to ON the printer.
Still, if the light blinking problem exists, feel free to contact our customer support team.
Also Read: HP Printer Offline
Method 3: Download, Install, and Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
The basic procedure for downloading, installing, and using the HP Print and Scan Doctor & resolving the light blinking problem is:
- Power up the computer and make sure it has safe internet.
- Search and download HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer.
- Extract the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Install the HP Scan Doctor software and run it on the computer.
- Choose the Start menu and click on your printer name from the list.
- If the preferred printer name is not on the list, then power up the printer and retry.
- Finally, if any connection problem exists, continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the option- Fix Printing.
Also Read : HP Printer not working on Windows or Mac devices
Fixing the HP printer light blinking problem is an easy-to-do process using the method below. However, if you require more clarification on this, contact our customer support professionals.